Went to the doctor today – and just so everyone know, I switched OB’s. My appointment a few weeks ago didn’t go so well – and I just haven’t been happy with the doctors I’ve been seeing. Today was my first appointment with my new OB – and I love him! He’s the nicest doctor I’ve ever seen – and he actually took the time to get to know me. We went over my birth plan (which can be seen below) and everything checked out great. Sydni is currently weighing in at about 4 1/2 pounds (:
How far along? : 33 weeks, 1 day
Due Date? : May 26, 2014
Total Weight Gain/Loss? : 3 pounds gained. Went to the doctors today – and I was very surprised to see that I’ve gained 3 of the 20 pounds I had originally lost this pregnancy.
Maternity Clothes? : Not really, still the same as last week
Sleep Habits? : Off as much as ever. My back hurts & my stomach hurts so it’s near impossible for me to get comfortable.
Pregnancy Symptoms? : Nothing newer than last week – pregnancy insomnia is killing me though.
Best Moment This Week? : Seeing my little girl again on the Ultrasound & finding out she IS in the correct birthing position.
Food Cravings? : No real huge cravings, other than last week’s cravings I’m craving sprite now!
Food Aversions? : Um.. everything that’s not a fruit or vegetable…
What I Miss? : Being able to sleep.
What I’m Looking Forward To? : As always, I am looking forward to seeing my daughter (:
Showing? : Yes… definitely.
Baby Milestones? : Taken from whattoexpect.com
Your baby is still gaining weight (about half a pound a week), and she could grow up to another full inch this week. With that much baby inside your uterus, your amniotic-fluid level has maxed out, which explains why some of her pokes and kicks feel pretty sharp these days. (There’s less fluid to cushion the blows.) Antibodies are being passed from you to your little one as she continues to develop her own fetal immune system, which will come in handy once she’s outside the womb and fending off all sorts of germs.
Picture of Me at 33 weeks & 1 Day in the Pregnancy:
Our Labor & Delivery Wishes
- I prefer for the room to remain as calm as possible as I will be laboring while using hypnobabies. I also prefer to try for a natural labor, however if the need arises for pain medications, I prefer only an epidural to be administered.
Thankfully, the new doctor is all for this! He loved the fact that I plan on “toughing it out” when it comes to the pain. He also is for me getting an epidural if I decide I need it. He’s very encouraging when it comes to “toughing it out” and in his mind? As long as baby & mamma are both healthy – he’s all for anything that does not pose as a danger to us!
- I prefer for pitocin to be administered only if it is medically necessary. I also prefer NOT to have an episiotomy unless it is medically necessary as well.
I was VERY happy that the new doctor agreed to both of these – I told him the doctor who delivered my son said I was one of the fastest healing patient’s he’s ever seen & I’m pretty sure it’s because I did not get the episiotomy. I’m so thankful to have found a doctor who has such an open mind & has a few years of experience under his belt!
- I would prefer if I am able to walk around and change positions during contractions as I tend to deal with pain better that way. I would prefer a heplock instead of a full blown IV so that the IV cord can be clamped and removed for me to walk around for twenty minutes and then be back on the IV fluids for twenty minutes. As I hope to be moving around during labor, I wish to have twenty minutes on and twenty minutes off the fetal monitors unless there is a medical issue.
When I was in labor with Landon – my OB’s back then told me “No-it’s not possible.. you must be on the monitors.” I believe that’s honestly what through my concentration off (and not just Jerry). Thankfully, Dr Smithson (my new OB) is all okay for me to be on the monitors for 20 minutes and then off for 20 minutes as long as there’s no issues going on with Sydni or Me.
- I prefer to have my husband, my cousin Shannon and my older sister Heather in the delivery room with me when it comes time to push. This has been changed – I will still have Shannon, Jerry & Heather there (if Heather is here by then) however, if IF for some reason Jerry is unable to be at the hospital in time (LET’S pray his boss listens and is kind enough not to send him on ANY long distance calls once I get to 37 weeks!!) due to work or something – Shannon’s husband will take his place in the delivery room. Considering both of them – Shannon & Donnie are the godparents, this was a good decision – especially if Heather’s not here by then.
Our Birth Wishes for Sydni Grace
- Please delay cord clamping for 45 seconds. Also, we prefer for either Shannon or Heather to clamp the cord.
- I prefer to be in the nesting area and for Sydni to stay in our room at all times except for medical procedures that must take place outside of our room.
- Sydni will be started on Nutramigen Formula, as discussed with our pediatrician and geneticist due to the fact that she has a 25% chance of having Galactosemia. I will be breast pumping until her newborn screening tests come back in hopes that if she does not have Galactosemia we can begin breastfeeding.
Everything with my birthplan & Baby Wishes was okay-ed by my doctor. Again, I am SO thankful I have a doctor who is so open minded! He has a lot of years of experience under his belt as well – and it made me so happy that I wasn’t ridiculed for my birthplan this time. ❤
That’s all for now [: