So, I’ve received a lot of followers since I started this blog back in March. One of my “active” readers sent me an email and suggested I do a “Getting to know you” type of post. (By the way – “active reader” to me means one who comments and likes and gives feedback) I started to think and realized – wait a minute, after all of these people started following me.. there may be a few who do not really know me. So.. this post is dedicated to getting to know me. (:
- My name is Shelby. I was named after an Aunt on my dad’s side of the family. I live in Lexington, South Carolina – which happens to be the same place I was born and raised.
- I am twenty-two years old. My birthday is June 03.
- I am married – his name is Jerry. Jerry is twenty-two years older than I am, and he’s my best friend. Despite our age difference, he is my best friend and we have SO much in common. Honestly? He knows me better than I know myself sometimes.
- That being said – conceiving and having kids has not been an easy thing for us. We went through two miscarriages in 2011 and then two more in 2012. June 2012 I started a fertility medication called Clomid because after the miscarriage March 2012 (the same day my mother died..) My ovaries shut down and stopped ovulating. We conceived on the first round – with twins, in fact – however we miscarried them because I have a condition called MTHFR (methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase) and I have to take baby asprin as well as Lovenox injections once we get pregnant. We went on another round of Clomid in August 2012, and we conceived Landon.
- With THAT being said, I’ll have you all know (in case you guys forgot!) Sydni was a BIG surprise to us (however, she was a complete blessing as well!!)
- I drink three different beverages a day – Sweet Tea, Rockstar Original Energy Drink, and Water. I try and equal the Water out to my Energy drink consumption – and I think I do pretty good at it. It’s a lot better than it used to be – I used to just drink energy drinks and NO water (that is a no-no..) and now I think I drink anywhere from a gallon of water to a gallon and a half of water a day.
- My favorite TV shows are as follows: Scandal, Grey’s Anatomy, Dallas, and The Last Ship.
- My favorite movies of 2014 (so far..) are as follows: God’s not Dead, Heaven is For Real, Divergent, Nonstop, Catching Fire, and Lone Survivor.
- I love to write – and I love to read. Writing helps me release stress – which it may not seem this way sometimes, but I am a person who has high stress levels and severe anxiety. I started this blog to help relieve stress while I was on bedrest during my pregnancy with Sydni. It also helps me keep certain family members/friends informed with what is going on in my life.
- My husband and I will be opening up our own wrecker service by Spring 2015. I am completely excited about it – yet at the same time, I’m so nervous because it’s a risk. We’ll still have money coming in because until he gets built up really good – he’s going to work for a local wrecker service at night – but nevertheless.. it’s still a risk. However, risk or not, it’s something both he and I just can’t pass up on or give up on. We’ve got to at least TRY. A lot of my family members do not agree with this – but that’s okay because it’s not their lives. We do have support from a few family members, and for that.. I am grateful.
- My favorite color is pink. My favorite color combo is pink. My top favorite colors are Pink, Blue (think tiffany blue), Grey, and Yellow.
- I have severe O.C.D. I clean (completely..) the house every time just one little thing gets out of place. So, I’m pretty much cleaning every day. I am very specific about my cleaning – my husband has tried to clean so I can take a break.. and as soon as I begin to watch him clean… these imaginary creepy crawlers run around my skin and I have to get him away from what he’s cleaning JUST so I can clean it instead. If it’s not cleaned a certain way, then it’s not clean at all…
- I am a happy person. I’m happy because I choose to be happy. I choose to be happy because I know what its like to be sad every day – I was on antidepressants when I was a teenager.. and quite frankly, they made my chemical imbalance WORSE. I do my best to stay away from negativity – and honestly? If you’re around positive people, you will become a positive person.
- I was supposed to get a surgery done in July that would have made it impossible for me to have children ever again. A year ago (after I had Landon) I was advised by that doctor not to have any more kids because of the risks. I switched doctors during my pregnancy with Sydni. Before the surgery, my husband and I sat down with the doctor because both of us were feeling as if the surgery was something that wasn’t supposed to happen – and we couldn’t shake the feeling. The doctor thinks we need to wait a couple of years before we try to get pregnant again (which, in quite honesty, we do not want another child for 3-5 more years.. if we even have another one), and I need to work on my health (I am what they call overweight – and I am losing weight.. however, just to be clear.. I am losing weight because *I* want to.. and I am losing weight to become healthier so I can be here for my children. I am VERY comfortable in my own skin.)
- I am a very friendly person. If you stick around here, you will see me open up about a lot of personal issues/details. And do not ever be hesitant to contact me – especially if you are one of my “active” readers/followers. I’m always looking to meet new friends (:
That’s all for now – because quite frankly.. I’m not very good at writing JUST about me (: ❤ Hope you guys enjoyed!